This is getting suspicious. There is another! blogger who tagged me in a blog award. So I suppose I’m not as lame as I thought I was…indeed curious.
1. Give credit to the awesome person who nominated you
2. Describe 7 things about yourself
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers
I came about ‘The White Pumpkin’s’ blog after she left a sweet comment here, I followed the link and was pleased with what I discovered, a new like minded soul with beautiful writings, poems, and useful links to share. I am still wading my feet in her blog, but the deeper I go, the more gems I find. Thank you, you made my day!
Seven things about myself:
1. I am what my midwife called “a thirst-less person”– meaning–I don’t get thirsty. I have to actively
force remind myself to drink water, this unfortunate trait however comes handy in long summer fasting hours. So huzaah?
2. When I was young I joined the synchronized swimming team because only team members could go to the pyramids team trip, and I really wanted to see the pyramids from inside– After climbing treacherous wooden planks for what seemed to my young self like forever, I was greeted with an empty box in the middle of a room and walls covered in ancient drawings. I was not impressed, but then again I was seven.
3. I can no longer do the split that I learned in synchronized swimming, but I am still a pretty good swimmer, if I may say so myself.
4. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to The Galaxy is not a disappointment like my trip inside the pyramids. I know, how late am I, right? also thank you significant other for giving me the final nudge.
5. After seven years of successfully living TV-free,we finally caved and bought one. It was the only way to watch the Olympics…or so we tell ourselves.
6. I have no sense of direction what-so-ever, and hence have a love/hate relationship with my GPS. We talk back at each other a lot. I agree, I need help.
7. On my life long to do list is to learn Arabic Calligraphy. I am not even close.
I am not sure I can nominate 15 blogs, because I’m pretty sure I don’t read more than seven, but let’s try:
1. Itto’s Living Faith: I go to Itto’s blog when I need an extra spiritual kick or a mothering energy boost.
2. My Islamic Life: I love her honesty and dedication in understanding a religion and culture that’s not hers. I love her open mind, and acceptance. A true positive energy to balance the negative in the world.
3. My so called life: Where do I begin. She’s an inspiration in craftiness and managing life unpleasantness with a cynical twist. I just love her.
I think I’ll leave it at that although I enjoy a lot more but they have gazillion followers, and understandably can’t play along because I’m pretty sure it would end up taking over their blogs.
Thanks wa salam!