…and not any tea– The Swan Tea, only the best kind of black tea known to man. FACT!
An American? Here’s how you can enjoy a supreme cuppa’ black tea. (Take notes!)
1. Use steaming hot water. (why is it that Americans don’t serve tea water hot enough. Why o why o why?) The tea won’t steep well otherwise.
2. Use any brand other than American black tea brands, even the American Lipton is not strong enough. Is there a conspiracy against Americans enjoying a good cuppa’tea? I mean for crying out loud!
3. Don’t leave the tea bag in forever, your tea will get bitter dude.
4. Also don’t get too hasty, you want a nice deep red color in there.
5. Try it with a dash of whole milk, or throw in a couple of fresh mint leaves. A spoonful of honey is a good choice when your throat is bothering you, also a squeeze of lemon should do the trick.
Try this and you’ll thank me.
btw, this is not a rant, this is my Egyptian obligation to teaching the American people to drink a proper cup of tea, (or in my case a disguised jar of tea)